So one of the things I miss the mostest in my whole wide pre-baby world is being able to get to a yoga class. Just one freakin’ yoga class would be nice to get to one day. But alas, sadly, today is not the day!
Which is why I’m now all about the apps. (Plus I’m Gen Y so if I can’t get something NOW I will get it delivered instead.)
Anyway, there aren’t many yoga apps on the market that I’ve enjoyed, basically because trying to set yourself up in the living room with a toddler running around your laptop isn’t convenient at all. And a lot of them rely on you actually watching the screen for directions, instead of your toddler destroying the house.
Which is why I went on the hunt for an app that relied more on verbal cues than visual ones, so that my house would remain intact.
AND I FOUND ONE.
It’s called Daily Yoga and so far I am enjoying it greatly thank you very much. Also; it’s pretty fun and super easy to use. (Even though post-baby I did like two downward dogs and couldn’t move my arms for two weeks…but you know, it’s all about the journey not the reward.) And now I’ve obviously done like three classes which makes me an expert.
Anyway, the things I like about it are:
- That you can choose the timing of your sequence from 5, 10, and 15 mins.
- That you can press play, plug in your headphones, pop your phone down your shirt and rely on the person’s verbal cues to get you through the class. (If you don’t know the words of moves this obviously won’t work for you HA.)
- Convenience. The yoga comes to you.
- It’s FREE
- New workouts are added each month (which is amazing, because I am the queen of getting bored in two seconds flat.)
AND the things I don’t like about it are:
- THERE ARE SO MANY FREAKIN’ ADS and you will continuously accidentally click into them.
- The ads will drive you OVER THE EDGE.
But once you get passed the over-clicking of the ads, the app is pretty straightforward to use and there are even meditation components associated to it which would be nice to explore one day when I have two minutes to myself.
(HAHAHAHA. Which will be never.)
SO to conclude, if you are a mama who is stuck at home with babies hanging off every inch of her body, dreaming of the simplicity that is ‘getting in the car and driving to a one-hour yoga class,’ that ‘no baby people’ take for granted (WHY LORD JESUS WHY). I would like to recommend checking out the FREE ‘Daily Yoga’ app and trying that instead.
Because it’s saving my sanity.
Tell me babez, do you have any fitness apps that you love?